Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Jordyn’s Birthday Celebrations – Part 1

Jordyn’s birthday is broken down into several fun celebrations.  More like a birth-week!

 

First of all, Grandma and Grandpa took her shopping and to dinner (of course she picked Chili’s) the Friday before.  The kids always look forward to this fun tradition and my mom had way more patience helping Jordyn pick out clothing than I ever would.  For that I am grateful!  Jordyn loved her night out and was gone from about 4:00-10:00 pm.

 

_DSC1179

 

We had our family birthday dinner the night before her birthday since Tucker was leaving to go out of town the evening of her birthday.  I was surprised when she requested spaghetti, garlic bread and two kinds of salad: caesar and vinegar salad.

 

Instead of a cake, I made her favorite kind of ice cream from scratch:  cookie dough.  Yum!

 

_DSC1248 _DSC1250 _DSC1253

 

Because we are having a birthday party this year, she opened just a few presents.  The game Headbanz (really fun for families) and a shirt I made her with the number 9 on it.  I had to clarify that I didn’t actually MAKE the shirt…but I did cut out the 9 and put it on there :-)

_DSC1254 _DSC1258 _DSC1260 _DSC1263 _DSC1264

The next morning, she proudly wore her new shirt, which I was glad.  I think the neck bugged her a bit, but she was kind enough to overlook that for mom.  Tucker took them to school in his rental car (for his business trip).  Peyton asked him why he got such a short car this time (we laughed…he actually has no say in which car he gets each time).

_DSC1279 _DSC1283

 

Jordyn is slightly indecisive.  But I think it’s because she LOVES so many things.  We finally narrowed down that the treat we would take to dance class and to her 3rd grade class would be chocolate rice krispie treats with colorful sprinkles on top.  I was excited because I was thinking of making sugar cookies…which take WAAAY longer and I would have eaten WAAAAY more of!

_DSC1286 _DSC1288

 

Tucker felt bad that he had to leave in the afternoon on her birthday (for four days) and so he pulled her out of school really early (like 9:30) and took her on a date.  They decided to go hit a bucket of balls on the golf course…she’d been wanting to do that for some time.  When they got there, here is how she described it:

My dad said “Oh, do you know what you need??”, and I said “sunscreen?”.  Then he opened his trunk and said “ta-da!” and he pulled out my very own set of pink and purple golf clubs!”.

Tucker said he has never seen her that surprised or thankful.  She kept saying over and over how grateful she was and how she couldn’t believe she has her own clubs.  It’s fun to have a surprise that you will always remember.  They tried to go bowling after that, but all bowling alleys were closed still.  So they picked out a dress at a store and then ate at McDonald’s.  She also got a clown ice cream birthday cone at Jeb’s in town.  They had about a four hour date and I think she felt special.

 

Jordyn's Birthday - Golf! Jordyn's Birthday - Golf! 3

Jordyn's Birthday - Golf 2! Jordyn's Birthday - Golf! 4

 

We came home to a beautiful happy birthday song on my phone sung by Gam & Pa (she loved it).  Tomorrow we’ll take the treats to her classroom and then on Saturday, we are having a birthday party at Trinkets & Treasures.  It’ll be a little shopping party.  More on that when it comes! 

 

I hope you have had a wonderful 9th birthday so far Jordyn!  I cannot believe you are 9.  This is the first age where I have felt disbelief.  Something about it feels different.  Maybe because it’s the ‘halfway’ mark until adulthood?  I don’t know, but I am proud of who you are and the goals you have.  You are a bright and sunny person and I appreciate the zeal you add to our family.  I love you! - Mom

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! My kids love that game headbanz. They got it for Christmas. Savannah LOVES golfing with her dad. She started a couple of summers ago. You are lucky you can make home made treats for school still. We can only take pre packaged things from the store!

britt said...

That game sounds fun. We will have to get it. And what a exciting birthday week soo far! As yes, I too am surprised you can take homemade treats?! Ame had fun reading Jordyn's survey, and sharing her own answers. What a great mom you are Jamie!

Jamie and Family said...

Well, technically we aren't supposed to bring homemade treats, by CA law. However, Kingsburg School District is its own animal and it's sort of a "look the other way" mentality!

Janessa Couch said...

We will have to get that game, my girls have been asking for it. I love the cute shirt that you made her and she was so cute wearing it. Sounds like a fun Birthday Celebration.