Sunday, December 07, 2008

Super Kid Week

Lexi got to be "Super Kid" last all last week for her Kindergarten class. This meant special things, like being the line leader and getting to make a poster to show everyone things about her. She loved the special attention, and I had fun bringing in cookies to celebrate her (late) birthday and being Super Kid.






While I'm talking about Lexi, I thought I'd share her recent spelling test that came home in her folder (along with approx. 500 other papers) last week. Way to go Lexi!

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

I love when the kindergarten classes do special things like this. It makes the kids feel so special. Your cookies look fabulous. Our school made a rule that we can not home make anything anymore so that is sad...and I guess good since I do not need to bake as much.

Katie said...

That is so precious! I think it is great to spotlight a child like that. Way to go Lexi!

Chris Grover said...

i love that teachers do this kind of stuff. talk about a boost to self esteem. and sooo important to recognize such special little ones! lexi is one of those for sure!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

What a brilliant idea and that board was just beautiful!! I think every kindergarten teacher should do this. Lexi is one special girl and I think it's wonderful that she was recognized at school.

P.S. Your cookies not only look fantastic but also delicious!!