Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Transmission is Way More Fun Than a TV

I drive a minivan. Yep, that's right. Most of my friends do too, we call it the minivan club when we're all parked together. Visually, it is NOT my top pick for a vehicle. But I have to tell you that I love how convenient it is to drive with kids!!! It's got so much floor space and so open to move around - plus they can't open the door smack into someone elses car since the doors slide! We took Tucker's Honda Pilot (an 8 passenger mid size SUV) to Utah for Christmas and as much as I love that car, it was way less convenient than my van with the kids! The van is a year 2000 model, and I've resisted my urge to get a new car mainly because we have no car payments at the moment! But also because I'd rather wait till my kids are done with the really little kid phase of spilling and crumbs and stuff. ANYWAY, I was sad last week when it started to do some really wierd things. Come to find out we need a new transmission. Yuck! We've been saving up for a flat screen TV which costs about the same as our transmission is going to. So I've been trying to tell myself that I'd rather have a car than a TV to make myself feel better about this unexpected expense!!

3 comments:

Chris Grover said...

Ughhh, I HATE what a necessary evil car expenses are. They seem to ALWAYS be unexpected, and just a general pain. But, we gotta have them, huh? Sorry to hear about this and hope you can still get your tv!

Anonymous said...

Boy do I know about car trouble! I must say that I love my new Yukon though- especially with the pilot seats as the second row so the kids can still get through to the third row.

Eliza2006 said...

I hope to join your van club someday. Ahhhh, a girl can dream! Nope, I'm not kidding. A van is the way to go!

Tiffany