Friday, January 05, 2007

Rheumatologist

Today I went to the rheumatologist. My (Psoriatic) arthritis was in a dormant state the second half of my pregnancy, but has returned full force lately. It is primarily in my ankle and both knees. My knees were so bad the past week that it was becoming scarily hard to get up from sitting and even just to bend them. The medication I need to take that will STOP the progression and alleviate the symptoms is one I can't take while I'm nursing. Sooooo I'm trying to stretch that as long as I can without letting my body get crippled! Today I had the Dr withdraw tons of fluid from my knees and then give each knee a steroid shot to eliminate the swelling. That will help temporarily. Jordyn went completely pale and almost threw up or passed out from seeing the needles in my knees! So Alyson snapped this pic of me!

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

That's a great pic! Poor Jordyn! Hope your knees feel better...at least for a little while.

Tiffany

Chris Grover said...

Ughh, Jamie, you are one tough girl! I'm sure this must be so hard. I admire your stength in dealing with your arthritis. And one strong mommy to keep holding out so Peyton can keep nursing. I really hope it gets better for you.

britt said...

WOW, the fun never seems to end for you. I can't even imagine going through that and how you must feel. You are such a strong individual.You are such a great example to me. I never hear you complain (not that much anyway). Hang in there.