Saturday, November 25, 2006

Lexi's Birthday, etc.

We had a nice Thanksgiving. We all got together at our house, and it would have been a wonderful occasion had I not been hit with the 24 hour flu! Ugh, it hit right before dinner and I was miserable and had to crawl into bed! What a hostess, huh? But it was still fun to have the whole family together for most of the weekend. (Notice Alyson's "Indian Hat"? I thought it was interesting to learn that at school she was taught to call it a "Native American Hat" - I guess to be more politically correct...)

Lexi turned 3 years old the day after Thanksgiving. We had a little party for her at my parents' house and, per her request, I made her an Little Mermaid doll cake. She is such a cutie and little ray of sunshine bouncing around. Happy Birthday Lexi!

We grabbed our Christmas tree tonight. Since we're not going to be home for Christmas this year, we wanted to enjoy the tree and decorations as much as possible! We put up the tree tonight and then we'll decorate it tomorrow. It's fun to see how much the kids love special times like this more and more as they get older. They thought it was so fun to pick out a tree, even though it was only at Home Depot!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds busy and fun! I have been wondering what you've been up too. So sorry you got the flu. I have had a cough for 7 weeks now. I hate being sick! Happy b-day lexi.

Eliza2006 said...

Happy b-day, Lex! The cake looks wonderful, J! You look good too. I can't believe you just had a baby!

Tiffany

Chris Grover said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Jamie, I feel for you -- I got the horrible flu a few Christmas ago and on Christmas morning I got to listen miserably as the whole family gathered around for the festivities! I really hope you are feeling better! Happy bday to Lexi and have fun enjoying the Christmas decorating!