Thursday, November 02, 2006

8 Days Old

It's a little sad that Peyton passed her 1 week old mark. I'm so afraid of it going by too fast! I don't feel that way about the sleepless nights though. Today it hit me how tired I am and how overwhelming this transition really is. I think my kids are starting to realize it's a permanent change...and as much as they love the baby...they are re-testing my boundaries. Which I don't have energy for! Sigh...

But the baby is still as sweet as ever. I keep expecting her to become fussy and gassy, but she is so far very calm and content. I pray she stays that way! She is just so sweet I could kiss her little face all day long!

5 comments:

Chris Grover said...

She's perfect, Jamie! I hope you are able to get some extra rest -- I'm sure it must be so exhausting. Peyton is just so precious!

Debbie said...

she is adorable! i love this tiny little baby stage when they just curl up in a ball and want to be held, one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about the growing and changing process lately with my own kids and how I feel like I am missing too much, especially on the days when I have zero energy to be fun.
I guess whether they are 1 week old or 4 years old or whatever age, we will never feel like we are enjoying every moment. All we can do is try.
Take care of yourself!!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture with her eyes open. Everyday I wish I lived closer so I could help you out! This too shall pass, right?

Debbie said...

ok, so i did realize she is not curled up in a ball when i wrote my comment but my kids usually are at this age:)