Monday, January 09, 2006

REAL Mom



I feel like such a MOM lately. I'll give an example....today we were at Albertsons and the girls were in their "car" shopping cart "driving" while I shopped. They were reasonably good and there were no huge meltdowns, but the entire time I heard myself saying...

*keep your hands in the cart* *don't touch eachother* *stop touching the food* *stop fighting* *look the other way* *be careful* *sit down* *we're almost done* *did you hear me?*

And I could go on. It's just like an automatic mode my mouth goes into. The thing that made me notice it even more is that we kept passing this lady who was peacefully shopping alone and each time we passed her, I was saying something like this to my kids. I thought to myself how grateful she must feel to NOT be in my shoes! ha ha

I think I'm just beginning to understand how MUCH you have to repeat yourself as a mother. And I have only like 20 years left of it!! But in all sincerity, we have great kids and I feel so blessed - even IF it makes shopping more difficult!

(By the way, I typically go grocery shopping at night w/o the kids!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you have 3. I take mine and Ava all the time to Costco and the grocery store. I just make sure I take a million suckers with me.
Katie

Anonymous said...

Jamie, You are a wonderful mom. THANK GOD you corral your kids in the grocery store! ...and it's possible the lady in the store was actually thinking "how wonderful it would be to have children". So, keep up the good work ... you're doing fine!
Nancy