Monday, November 21, 2005

We Have Another 2 Year Old!



We celebrated Lexi's 2nd birthday last night. Officially, it's on the 24th, but since that's Thanksgiving day, we thought we'd have a separate celebration. My family came over for dinner, cake and ice cream. The cake was (of course!) Snow White (her favorite). I always have fun experimenting with cakes, and she just couldn't have loved this one more! We had a good time! One thing I was reminded of as I watched her open the gifts is that kids don't need very much to be happy. She would've been perfectly happy if she had stopped after the first gift (which was a pair of Snow White socks my mom got her)! Less is more, less is more, less is more (I chant that to myself constantly). So, as Christmas draws nearer, I'm trying to remember this. Its all about MY self-control because I think it's a blast to go buy them things I know they'll love. But they actually love each thing way less if there is too much. So, I was happy for the reminder last night, just in time for Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Lexi is two! It looks like you had a fun birthday party. We had Avas last Thursday. I know what you mean about presents. It is up to our self control.
Katie