Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Bananas



I (like most people, I'm sure) am motivated to make banana bread when my bananas are to the almost-ready-to-throw-out stage. That was the stage they were in today. So I made a big batch of it. Jordyn really loves to help me bake, so I have to be in the mood for an assistant when I bake lately. She does a good job. The bread turned out good and since it was overcast and windy this afternoon, it was the perfect time to bake.

There are a couple of things I do to my banana bread to make it 'my own'. First, I substitute 1/2 of the butter with applesauce. This doesn't change the flavor or texture, but makes it a little healthier. (But beware, if you substitute ALL of the butter, then the texture is a lot stickier). Second, with high demand from my family, I add chocolate chips. Yeah, I know I know, that washes out the health benefits of the applesauce, but it tastes so good! Try it!

No comments: