Sunday, July 19, 2015

Summer in Utah!

Hitting the road for Utah! Our 12th year in a row. Much easier now with older kids, that's for sure. And we took the Passat, so it cost us $75 in gas to get here! But we made up for it- our battery died when we got here and it was $160 to replace.


Did the drive straight through this year, and got in at 2:00 am. Smooth ride, aside from my painful dislocated rib! When we got in, we quickly unloaded and crawled in bed (after saying a quick hello to Gam) and before I knew it, Peyton and Lexi both were throwing up within minutes of each other! It was horrible! The only thing we could think of was those were the only two who ate Mexican rice on the drive. Food poisoning??

Next day, everyone was tired but fine and not sick. Jeannine took me to the chiropractor (their bishop) which has helped a ton. Here we are eating at Apollo burger on Gam and Pa's patio.

Traditional bread making with Gam!






We met up with Tiffany and kids at Habit Burger in Farmington.

Tucker and Sol!

Cute flashback to 6 years ago at Sol's baby blessing.

I am sure thankful for our 17 years of friendship! Don't know what I'd do without Tiff!


Chilling on the back porch with tiff and Heidi while the loud kids were inside ;-)

No filter sunset! Like cotton candy.

Arctic Circle Shakes!

Went to hear Gam speak in a Ward at a Care Center. 
It was pretty interesting for the girls. The old man next to me was telling me he was the bishop and then saying a ton of things I couldn't understand mixed in with cuss words. And winking and meowing at me!!! Very diff than our normal ward. 😂 lololol


I don't think I can fully explain this painting. It's Neal's great, great, great, great (maybe one more great?) grandfather Richard Ellison Maxfield. For the International Maxfield Reunion, a relative painted a huge portrait and Neal fell in love! The rest of us found it a bit....creepy? So we hung it up before the family came over...as a joke. Although I think Neal was quite pleased!

2 comments:

The Royalty Family said...

Hi Jamie! Nice to see someone keeps up with their blog! I hardly look at anyone's anymore because of that. You haven't aged a bit. You look amazing and your family is beautiful.

The Royalty Family said...

Hi Jamie! Nice to see someone keeps up with their blog! I hardly look at anyone's anymore because of that. You haven't aged a bit. You look amazing and your family is beautiful.