Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Thurston's Back in Cali...and New Family Member Rusty!

So...once we had to say goodbye to Belle...I started to feel really bad about Roxy being a lone dog home all day by herself.  So often, we'd be gone for like 10 or 12 hours straight and I would just see her so lonely.  So I kept feeling like we should get another dog. 

It's not that I thought it sounded easy to have another dog, but it felt like the right thing for Roxy.  Well, just around that same time, Beth announced that they needed to find a new home for their beloved 20 month old puppy, Rusty.  They loved everything about Rusty, but Jacob's allergies had gotten so out of control that Beth felt they needed to eliminate every single possible trigger for the allergies, and so Rusty had to leave.  My mom saw this on FB and said to me "Why don't you guys adopt Beth's dog?". 

For some reason, it hadn't occurred to me...but as I thought more about it, it made lots of sense.  Tucker and I talked about it and I finally told Beth we were interested.  As things evolved...the Thurstons decided they would take a family trip out to CA and bring Rusty to us!  We were thrilled!

We had SUCH a fun weekend with them.  There is never a visit that doesn't feel like being "home" with them.  I love our families together so much and just wish our time together could be more frequent!  Come on guys...move back!....what about our "Dala Theatre!".

Here are lots of pics from our weekend...

.

















Sadly, our little bunny flower had a trauma...and must have had a heart attack.  The kids were so sad as they said goodbye to him.  They all made little rocks to decorate his grave.  Peyton was extra sad since Flower was HER bunny.  Poor kids.






Jordyn and Lindsay's first pedicure!  They got to have a special date with mommies.


Beth and I enjoying our spa treatment.






Luke and Pey made themselves a little "cave" in the backyard with a gate and some blankets. Luckily the weather was only in the 80's so it wasn't TOO hot yet.










My mom brought Bernice over to meet Rusty.

I don't know how to rotate this pic for some reason, but the kids were playing inside the bunny cage!















This picture made us laugh because it looks like Tucker is trying to eat the branch...lol




No comments: