Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gertsons, Gam and Pa Visit California

If I could improve in one area of my life...I would really want it to be my blog.  What happens when I post events weeks/months after they occur..is I end up being much more vague about any details and I skim over the basics of the event.  This visit from the Gertsons and Gam & Pa was so special and full of so many things, but now that it's been a month, I will not remember them all.  I've got to follow Jeannine's lead on being a great blogger!

Highlights from the trip:
  • Gertson's had never been to our house, in 10 years we've been here
  • The girls had their annual dance recital, so that took up a lot of our time.  But we were so excited for the family to be here to watch a FOUR HOUR dance recital and support the girls.
  • We visited downtown Kingsburg, which included Trinkets & Treasures, Sunmaid Raisin gift shop, Babycakes Ice Cream, My sister's closet.
  • We made our "famous" carne asada tacos
  • Emmi and Mallory were SOOOO kind and patient with Peyton, who was obsessed with them
  • We had 14 people in our 1800 sq ft house and somehow it felt just fine!
  • Everyone but the three dancers fit in a day trip to Pismo!
  • We took a trip up to General Grant and the Redwoods
  • We played games, of course
  • Tucker, Jeff, Neal and Emmi went golfing.
  • Jeannine was covered up with a blanket the whole time...and it was JUNE in Central CA!
  • We just enjoyed each other's company!

We are so thankful they came to visit!!  We LOVED it!

































































No comments: