Friday, February 26, 2010

Mr. J


Ahhh, Mr. J. He is one of my favorites. I always wondered if teachers had their favorites because they come across to everyone as liking your child and very diplomatic to everyone. But yeah, it's hard to NOT have your favorites. And all for different reasons.

This little boy is so tiny. You sort of want to squish him. It's a little sad because he comes from a "interesting" home. Literally ALL he talks about is video games. The other day, I had lunch duty, and he was strangely walking around all by himself and I said "J___, what are you doing?". He told me something I hardly understood but he basically was IN a video game. He totally lives in a video game ALL the time. Anything we write about (when I let them choose the topic, like "I like ______"), he picks to write about Banjo Kazooie. ALWAYS.

He also tells me sad and strange things like:

1 - "Mrs. Maxfield. Have you seen Lady Gaga? She lays on a bed with a skeleton!" and he says it SO enthusiastically and cute, like he's telling you about his puppy or something.

or

2 - "Mrs. Maxfield, I don't like when my dad drinks beer".

But overall, I need to start writing more down because on a daily basis, he never fails to catch me off guard and laugh!

3 comments:

britt said...

it is sad the things you learn about your students, and how much you wish you could just scream at their parents...

Eliza2006 said...

I'm afraid to say, eliza live inside wow wow wubbzy. She really asked me the other day if she could jump in the show. i guess it's better than lady gaga and she might just tell her teachers she wished I would stop drinking Coke?

Eliza2006 said...

I have my fave students too. i had to get after one the other day for being sassy to my assistant. When he left I said, "be good, but you're still my favorite". Cute kids!