Monday, February 08, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls!






I love having daughters and it fits me just perfectly. But one of the cons can be all the hair issues! Hair washing, going through a bottle of shampoo a week, tangles, and most of all.......fixing the hair!!! There are probably many people who need to be at work by 7:30 in the morning who would choose not make their girls' hair a priority. But fixing my girls' hair is in my genetic make-up. Seriously. Ask my mom. I can hardly stand to not fix their hair. So every morning, I try to be ready when they wake up and they know the need to be dressed and meet me in the bathroom right away. Jordyn's got the thickest and hardest hair to fix. She's not quite able to manage it yet. Lexi has a cute cut, but it requires me to style it a bit. And Peyton prefers her hair in her eyes, so I do my best to convince her to wear a clip of some sort!



6 comments:

Beth said...

I don't know how you do it. Any secrets on getting them independent with the washing. I'm still working on that one. That is quite a job. Hope your hanging in there.

Jamie and Family said...

Ahhh hair washing. Nightmare. But my only secret is having a sister for her to compete with! ha ha! No, but we have a reward chart and a timer and if they finish SCRUBBING their hair before the timer goes off (usually 15 min for their tub or shower) they get to move spaces on our chart. Seems to work for now! Still a pain in the butt tho!

Unknown said...

HA HA- so not something that is a big deal at my house as you can imagine. Savannah doesn't really like to wash her own hair but is finally doing it and she takes a shower all by herself because she is too old to be with the boys. Funny though- my three boys have totally different hair and so they have to worked with as well- but not on your level.

julie said...

Oh the hair drama! Ava hated having her hair fixed for the longest time, but I am like you and just want it fixed in some way. I am in no way a "cute" hair fixer, but I try. I just started telling her she would have to get it cut short if she didn't let me fix it. Now she gets pig tails 90% of the time cause that's how she wants it. If she's happy with that, then so am I!

K Western said...

Your girls have always had such cute hair. I realized that I have three girls, too. I don't know why that didn't hit me until now. Ashlyn has always been so independent with her hair, so I couldn't do much with her. Haylie is now starting to grow more hair and we've been able to do some cute things with her hair.

Janessa Couch said...

I am the same way, but now have seemed to let it go except on Sundays. It has become a fight with all of them so I do not even bother anymore. I am glad that I get one day at week, and it works for us.