Sunday, November 22, 2009

My heart is full....and my daughter is 6!

Introducing.....Alice!



Lexi kicked off her birthday celebration with a special night out with Grandma and Grandpa. How can you beat that? They first went to Chili's, where she tried to eat corn on the cob without any front teeth! Then they strolled around Target, letting her browse through toys, purses, and clothing. She picked out a barbie car, barbie clothes and a new barbie, a sparkly pink scarf and a few pants and sweaters. Then they enjoyed a Cold Stone ice cream. She had a blast and felt very special. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa!



Amidst the chaos of life, I felt strongly that I needed to throw Lexi a friend party for her birthday this year. Her birthday is November 24, and somehow it always feels like it's in the midst of too much holiday excitement to really focus on. And I didn't want that to happen this year. So I asked her what type of party she wanted, and she came up with "Alice in Wonderland". I was quite surprised because we don't have any real affection for that movie, but it sounded fun...and she didn't change her mind after I asked her like 20 different times....so the theme stuck!


Here is some of the decor from her Tea Party. I got tea cups from garage sales and glued pink ribbon on them. Then, I wrote each girl's name on her cup and she got to take it home!









This was her first year inviting friends from school. This was a mix of school, church, neighbor, cousin and sisters!

(l to r: Charity, Sarah D, Jordyn, Emma, Lexi, Kalynn, Lyric, Kaelyn, Izzy...not pictured Ava and Peyton)


I asked a family friend, Camille, to come be my party helper, and I'm so glad I did. Here she is painting hearts on their faces.
i

Cute little Alice (Lexi)!








Our "present circle". The kids always sit in a circle on our rug to open gifts. This is by far the most fun for both the givers and receiver! They love it!


Poor Peyton was napping through most the party, but when she woke up and heard all the noise, she wasn't sure what to think. Tucker caught her peeking around the corner. I cracked up when I saw this one. I love this pic!!!


I just love this girl so much! She was beaming all day. She is so sweet and pretty easy to please. She helped me design her tea-cup cake. She specifically wanted the green and blue stripes on the tea cup and she wanted me to write "Alexis" on it.


Our three girls! Lexi and Jordyn are similar sizes, but not as exact as this pic looks. Lexi was sneaky and stood up on her tippy toes. It was a fun party and I'm so glad Lexi got to feel extra special for a day. I love you Lex! You're the sweetest six year old around!

I love my girls and feel so thankful to be their mom. The bickering and drama and whining can really....REALLY...drain me. But at the same time I enjoy them so much and am having fun watching them become little people with talents, opinions and defined personalities. My heart is (tired and) full.

5 comments:

britt said...

Once again you threw a super creative & cute party! Much better than the tea party I TRIED to do for Ame. She looks like a super happy 6 year old!!!

Unknown said...

SO fun- good job! I know you will be so busy this week but stop by and see me if you can

Melvin and Carly said...

What a great job you did on the decorations! And the cake! And the tea cups! Looks like Lexi had a great time. Such a cute girl.

Beth said...

very cute party. Happy Birthday sweet girl Lexi. You are an adorable Alice in wonderland.

Janessa Couch said...

Oh my goodness, you should be a party planner. What an amazing party! Love Love Love the cake and decor!