Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mickey's Trick-or-Treat

Early in October, my neighbor/friend Jennifer came over and started telling me about the Halloween event "Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party" at Disney's California Adventure. She had taken her two kids the year before and loved it. The way she described it made it sound hard to pass up.

It sounded so magical that even in our money-less state, we decided to go for it. We booked tickets for Halloween night and looked forward to a Disney Halloween with the Prieto family all month.

I tell ya, this was absolutely worth every penny! It was only from 7:30-11:30, so at first I wondered if the trip would really be worth only four hours. But then I found out that they only sell less than 1/3 of the tickets they do on a normal day in the park, so it was a LOT less crowded. We literally did not wait more than two minutes for any ride! Can you imagine?

It was so festive! Everyone was dressed up, there were trick or treat booths all over, dance parties, characters and NO LINES! I would absolutely do it again in a heartbeat. I think it was $40 per person over age three? They do it most nights throughout October too. It was such a magical night and the kids LOVED it!



Our three geishas (aka Mulans)!


Check out Peyton's face. That kid can pout like no other! I may look like a party pooper not dressed up, but for some reason after a four hour drive and getting four people's makeup done, I was lucky to be dressed with normal make up on.

Anyway, the funniest part about Tucker's costume as a Samurai Warrior......as we were driving in, he said "I hope I don't offend any Japanese people". Which I thought was a really strange comment, and mumbled something about it being like a Japanese person dressing up like Abraham Lincoln... and asked "would you be offended?".

So, as he nodded politely to every Japanese person we passed (almost like "I hope I don't offend you", which made me laugh even more)...all of the sudden, I turned around and a group of Japanese people were stopping Tucker to take pictures of him! This happened three more times during the night! So funny! They were opposite of offended....they loved it!



Ava, Emma, Jordyn, Lexi and Peyton..........and this is how Peyton was skipping/dancing all night long!



They were SOOOO mesmerized by Belle and Ariel. Jordyn was so proud that her hair matched Ariels!



We are smiling, but by this picture it was midnight, the kids were DONE and Jennifer was having major contractions (she was 31 weeks)! Lexi, pretending to eat the oversized candy corn.



Then, the next morning, we had another "first". Guess we are really amateur when it comes to Disneyland. This was also worth every penny! There are a few character breakfasts to choose from, and we went to Lilo and Stitch's breakfast buffet at Paradise Pier Hotel. It's like $20 per adult and $12 per kid....but it is so worth it. You not only get an amazing breakfast, but you can spend as long as you want there and the kids get TONS of one-on-one time with Disney characters! Our kids played with Daisy Duck, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, Lilo, Stitch....got their autographs, danced with them and learned Hawaiian dances! No lines to wait in, just pure fun and magic for the kids.






It was such a fun whirlwind trip and very memorable with the kids. We may have to make October an annual tradition! Thanks, Prietos, for inviting us!!

And I have to say how much I love the ride Soarin Over California! I cannot express how amazing that ride was. I heard things about it being a simulated ride, and "sort of like Star Tours". Oh my gosh, not even. It actually feels like you are hanging on an airplane flying all over California, smelling oranges and pine trees (which I didn't notice, unfortunately....I was soothing scared children next to me who thought they really WERE flying!). It was so real, I was lifting my feet so they wouldn't "drag in the ocean". You can't really fathom it untill you ride it. If you ever have a chance, GO!

2 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

That sounds very fun! Maybe we'll come fore UEA break next October. I want to do Disney for Spring break this year. I want to do so many things but feel like taking a nap when I think of the energy it would take.

britt said...

I remember that ride too. it was quite amazing. And what a fun halloween tradition. If only we were closer! I loved the family costumes, but where was YOURS???
hahaha You were a party pooper just like me :)