Friday, July 17, 2009

Flashback Friday - Three Baby Blessings

In our church, it is a customary ordinance for babies to receive a special priesthood blessing, and Tucker has been able to give each of our children this blessing when they were infants. I thought it would be fun to recall each of the girls blessing days for this flashback....


#1 JORDYN - SEPTEMBER 2002 - 6 MONTHS OLD

Jordyn was born in Salt Lake City, UT and we were still living up there when she was blessed. Tucker's family all lived around, and so my family was kind enough to travel up there for the occasion. We were living in a tiny apartment and so after blessing Jordyn in church, we all gathered at Tucker's parent's old Lynwood house for a gathering. If I recall, we had some Costco muffins, fruit, and donuts...I think? It was a brunch type snack and a low-key gathering. This literally seems like a lifetime ago! (Carly is missing from the picture).



#2 LEXI - JANUARY 2003 - 2 MONTHS OLD

I felt so overwhelmed after the birth of my second child, that it sounded too hard to try to have a big gathering for her blessing. We had already moved to California, so my family was nearby. And we were living in a small apartment, and I remember how stressed it made me feel for Tucker's family (who was willing to come!) stay in hotels and make the trip out here! I think I was projecting my own stress. Anyway, we invited Gam & Pa to come out and had a small, intimate gathering at our apartment. Tucker made us all carne asada tacos for lunch. I learned a great lesson that morning....I had decided that Lexi would just wear the same blessing dress that Jordyn did, but I didn't pull it out until THAT morning to even look at it. Well, somehow there was a flourescent GREEN stain all down the front of the dress! I'm talking REALLY obvious! I wanted to cry! I just had to wrap a blanket around her the entire day to hide it!




#3 PEYTON - MARCH 2007 - 5 MONTHS OLD

Peyton was my biggest baby by far. By 5 months old, she was like 20 lbs so she could not fit into the same blessing dress as the other two (Jordyn was still tiny at 6 months old because she was a preemie). So she had her own new dress that I bought off eBay. By this time, we had a house and enough room to house (squeeze together) some family, so we invited any family that was able to travel out here to be with us! Tucker's parents, Maren and her kids, and Lyndsy & her family came out. We had lots of close friends come too, so it was a big gathering! The unique part about Peyton's blessing is that we did it at home instead of at church, like the other two. It was so relaxing and perfect for our size group. Tucker made his famous carne asada tacos again and we had a fun and beautiful spring-time gathering.

4 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Very fun trip down memory lane...although not quite as good as that infamous picture you e-mailed me this evening! The good old days, for sure!

britt said...

YOU continue to amaze me of the things you remember and think of to post. That was fun to read. I was at the first!

Unknown said...

Cute- love all the different stories and stages in life.

K Western said...

So cute to see your family grow. What wonderful memories.
Looks like you've been busy visiting lots of family this past week. Those are good memories to have for your children.