Thursday, July 16, 2009

Extended Family Weekend - Maternal Side

(My cute Grandma - age 80 with me and Lindy)

Last weekend, we were able to see lots extended family in Southern Cal. So many of my cousins, aunts, uncles and my Grandmas...all of whom my children don't know very well. My Grandma is still recovering from her fall, so me, Lindy & our kids along with my mom, dad and Ryan took a rare trip together to stay in my Grandma's empty house. The kids had a blast making memories on my Grandma's huge front lawn just the way we did when we were all kids! (Tucker and Jordyn weren't there because they flew to Utah for his Grandma's funeral)


Grandma's candy drawers! Imagine how much all the kids loved this!

Playing out front in Grandma's yard (my dad, Peyton, Lexi and Lyric)

Peyton and her 2nd cousin (or however that works, she's actually my first cousin) Sarah...my Aunt Kelly's daughter

My bro Ryan (18), my little Mom, Lindy (26) and me (32)

My bro Ryan with our (current) only nephew Paxton


Lexi (5) and Lyric (4) had a blast with their 2nd cousins (my Aunt Kelly's twin boys) Nicholas and Andrew (age 8)!


Sarah, Peyton and Paxton rode and fought over these trikes :-)


All this girl needs is a hose. Seriously, it is an obsession.

My mom and her only sister, Kelly
Cousins! Lyric and Lexi


Lexi with her Spongebob sidewalk art!


Great Grandma and Lexi


Great Grandma and Peyton with her cousin Kaylin
My Uncle Jimmy's little girl, Kaylin and Peyton - both 2 yrs old


Another cousin! This is my cousin Matthew's little boy Scott. You can tell these two are related!

3 comments:

britt said...

what fun and cherished family time!

Eliza2006 said...

Very fun pictures!!! Look at your Mom Shirl and Lexy...they have the same shaped face! So cute!

Eliza2006 said...

Lexie...I always spell it like we do for my sister, Lexy.