Thursday, March 16, 2006

Piano!


We're so excited! Our piano was delivered tonight. It's new for us, but actually not new at all. It belonged to my uncle Rob (who passed away about 6 weeks ago). I was the lucky one to inherit it. I found a piano mover to bring it to our house from San Diego for a fairly good price. When he picked it up he called me and said it was in pretty bad condition and he knew a good refinisher in LA. Soooo, long story short, we decided to go for it. Come to find out it was built in 1925, a Kurtzmann brand upright piano. It's still got the original ivory keys on it. It is now beautifully restored and working great. We're excited not only to have a piano but also that it was so special to my Uncle Rob. Now Tucker and I really both want to re-take piano lessons!!

1 comment:

Chris Grover said...

SO COOL! I love it! The finishing looks great! Chris' parents gave us theirs too and I'm thinking refinishing it would look amazing, if it looks anything like yours! Needs a good tuning too! It totally makes me wish I would have stuck with piano, but I guess that just means I'll have to go back as an adult!