Saturday, September 03, 2011

My Primary Class

My CTR 7 primary class.  Can you tell I have my hands full with just four kids? 

I really like these kids and this age.  It’s just had it’s challenges.  Izzy never stops talking in this high pitched voice throughout the entire two hours we are together.  I mean NEVER stops.  Brendan asks me 10,000 questions a minute and I constantly have to say “shhh, let’s listen to sharing time”.  Roman has major ADHD and behavior issues (roman and brendan are brothers in a blended family).  And Lexi is a piece of cake –most of the time.

And then there is Peyton who all of the sudden has hated her primary class and even tells me in front of her teacher “I hate Sister Bybee!” who is the sweetest person – 1st grade teacher for 30 years and grandmother of like 15.  She starts it Saturday night and whines all through Sacrament.  It’s like she built it up so big in her mind that even when she would try to want to go, the tears would just come falling.  This has been like two or three months.  But this past Sunday, she actually went and I think she might be over the hump!  She was very proud of herself.  I hope this makes me like church a little more because Peyton’s tears and whining have almost pushed me over the edge I was already on with the challenges of my primary class.

But three of the four of them have been baptized in the last few months.  I always make a point at being at the baptisms and I have a special baptism activity book they get on that day, which they love.  Lexi will be the last one baptized, in November!

 

IMG_0518 IMG_0517

2 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

They look like a handful!

britt said...

That does sound like a tiring class (kind of like 4 Kaipo's), that must make you feel drained by the time you get home. Because I know how drained I feel with just one like that!!!