Monday, March 14, 2011

The Cutest Thing Ever

This past weekend, I spent a day down in LA in the “garment district”.  It’s basically 100 blocks in downtown LA full of vendors selling clothing, shoes, jewelry, purses, and so much more.  SOOOO much more.  It is actually completely overwhelming.  Tons of people, in a congested area…but amazing prices.  Especially if you buy wholesale. 

So, a fellow co-op from Trinkets – Allyson – and I drove down and back on Saturday.  It was both exhausting and fun. 

 

But one thing I didn’t expect was street vendors selling tiny baby rabbits in small cages.  From the moment we saw them, Allyson and I both knew we had to go home with one.  So at the end of our shopping day, we each picked out on sweet bunny.  But  after we decided they should ride home together in the same cage so they weren’t lonely…we decided there was no way we could each only get one!  They snuggled so sweetly, that we had to run back and get one more each.

IMG_20110312_172637

Come to find out that these vendors are basically illegally selling bunnies from “bunny mills” where they breed them and sell them way too young…which made me feel guilty for contributing to such behavior. But I know these two bunnies are in a great home now and I don’t think my girls could be any more in love!

 

The white one (no names quite yet) is energetic and spunky.  Likes to be held…but also likes to hop around his cage.  But the grey one is the most cuddly thing I have ever seen.  The pictures are hilarious when you see how he likes to lay on his back and will just relax like that for as long as you want him to!  Just really the cutest thing ever.

 

_DSC0863 _DSC0865 _DSC0867 _DSC0869 _DSC0870 _DSC0871 _DSC0872 _DSC0873 _DSC0876 _DSC0879 _DSC0880 _DSC0882 _DSC0883 _DSC0884 _DSC0907 _DSC0908 _DSC0915 _DSC0918 _DSC0920

 

 

This is what you have to see.  He is laying on his back and just likes it like this!!!

_DSC0923 _DSC0924 _DSC0926 _DSC0927

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

You are crazy...although, I saw a sign that IFA had bunnies and chicks and I briefly considered it.

Chris Grover said...

those are pretty cute! what a nice surprise for your girls! they look like they fell in love pretty easily! and i loved seeing all the really amazing things you've been making lately! where you find the time, i'll never know! you're so talented!

britt said...

So I am very curious how it is working out? I considered bunnies for Easter a few years ago, but did quite a bit of research and a lot of the reviews I read said they weren't as good of pets as everyone thought?! Do you know what kinds they are? AMe of course saw the pics of your girls with those cute little things and is now very jealous!! Please fill me in as the days go on...