Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week in Review

Love our new camera. So fun to play with. This is a great close-up of Pey…and then with a little sepia overlay. This stinker is turning 4 in two weeks. Sad for mama! Don’t get bigger sweet girl!

10.10 (100)10

If you look closely, you can see Tucker walking with the three girls and Belle. This is what happens when lots of long days run together and I am exhausted. He walked in the door on Thursday night at 6:30 and I said “take the kids somewhere, anywhere!”. So they walked to Sonic for dinner…then I picked them up because it got dark when they were done.

10.10 (137)

This is what my front porch looks like. Lindy and I are working on a project with some wood signs, getting them ready to paint and sell at a festival in November.

10.10 (139)

10.10 (143)

Tucker and Mike went to a Chargers vs Raiders game today (in Oakland). Part of Tucker’s birthday gift this year. They love taking an annual trip like this.

10.10.10 Tucker and Mike Raiders Game

Oh Jordyn. 8 going on 28. My parents told me while growing up that I better be a lawyer since I loved to argue. But I think she has me topped…or at least at an earlier age. I can say the sky is blue and she will say no it’s not. It is a hard balance as a mom to teach, and at the same time show love, to someone who doesn’t accept help/teaching very easily, yet needs to be shown lots and lots of love. But she is one smart girl.

10.10 (102)

I sure love these girls!

10.10 (117) 10.10 (116)

Lexi and her new glasses! She picked them out (after VERY careful thought, consideration and pondering) about a month ago and counted down the days to October 7th when she finally got them.

10.10 (119)

And I finally broke down and spent $2 on a new glue gun. Do you think my other one was a little bit used?

10.10 (128)

This is my friend, Julia (also Danielle’s mom…the one I took senior pics of). She owns Trinkets and Treasures (which was born four years ago today) and is the motivation behind many of the crafts I have done over the past year (I’ve been a co-op at Trinkets for one year now). She seems to think I can do anything, and because of that, I have pushed myself to try. Today was her 50th birthday and she threw herself a “Gratitude Party”. She wanted to invite people who have made a difference in her life and basically thank them. She made and served Southern food (she’s from Arkansas), including pecan pie and pulled pork. It was a nice party and I enjoyed being a part of it.

Peyton had asked me what kind of cake Julia was going to have. I told her “carrot cake”, forgetting that she was really asking what design/shape/character. So after the party, she said “Mom, I thought you said Julia was going to have a carrot cake”. I got a good laugh picturing her looking for a big orange cake in the shape of a carrot! Silly girl.

10.10 (66)

This is Paxton’s favorite past time. Well….one of them. He loves sweeping! My house, his house, or grandma’s house…it’s all the same!

10.5 (9)

No words needed!

10.5.10 Pax and Pey

Jordyn is such a great big cousin to Kylee. She loves to hold her and seems to never tire of it!

DSC_0080

Kylee has the strangest early-ability to cry hysterically when anyone (except Lindy) looks at her or picks her up. Luckily, it seems to be happening a bit less lately, but as quick as you can blink, she can pep that bottom lip and go into a full-blown hysteria! She is so darned cute, so it’s hard for me to help myself though!

DSC_0084

See what I mean?

DSC_0118

4 comments:

MeQueen5 said...

Oh my gosh,
I absolutely LOVE all the pictures!
I am sooo glad you got your new camera.
I look forward to many more pictures.
I could stare at my grand kids all day and never get tired of seeing their adorable faces and personalities!
MOM

Jeannine and Neal said...

I loved the picture of the three girls noticing that Pey Pey had a sucker in her hand. She is holding a sucker in her two year old picture on the wall. It made me go admire the grandchildren wall of fame. What's with the new camera? Love, Jeannine

Eliza2006 said...

Pey looks a lot like Jordyn in some of those pics.
Sol and Pax would be fast friends...Sol loves to sweep...he actually loves to clean. Funny!
Lindy's baby is so cute and you can tell her both of my kids would be really happy to be sewn to my body, and have been that way from the beginning. Not always fun.

Tabitha said...

I just want to tell you... You are a talented lady! You should be SUPER proud of what you do! I try to be like you!
I also thought it was Jordan!