Saturday, October 02, 2010

Mrs. Stone – Round 2

Last year Jordyn had Mrs. Stone and I learned the the ropes from Rosa Lorang.  She “trained” me to be a Mrs. Stone parent.  Which would go something like this: you do not question or deviate from her exact plan.  She is one of the most incredible teachers I’ve ever met.  It is her entire life and consumes every waking moment.  She puts so much energy into these kids.  And is VERY particular (notice her blackboard….only teacher in the DISTRICT who kept hers because she says it’s less harsh on kids’ eyes).

 

Now, I’m on my second year with her since Lexi is in her class.  And since Rosa moved, I am now sort of her replacement (she worked with Mrs. Stone as a parent for three straight years).  And although it can be time consuming (she often sends home the most tedious things for me to cut out) I love every second of it because I know it means so much to Lexi. 

 

Two weeks ago was their annual Luau.  She takes them on a “trip around the USA” and they “Visit” lots of different states.  She sends them postcards from that state and she likes to expose them to different cultures.  Here are some (cell-phone) pics from the luau:

 

LUAU PARTY

2010-09-24 13.04.39 2010-09-24 13.04.46 2010-09-24 13.06.33 2010-09-24 13.08.43 2010-09-24 13.43.21

 

GRANDPARENTS’ DAY

Then, on Friday was Grandparents’ Day.  In our town, the K and 1st grade schools all do this.  But by 2nd grade, Mrs. Stone is the only teacher who still does it.  She usually has about 75 grandparents show up.  It’s quite a classfull!

Last year I made the mistake of making a different punch than she requested.  She asked for the sherbet/sprite punch.  But I don’t really love that, so I made the koolaid/jello slush (thanks for exposing it to me Tiff, years ago!).  And it was SUCH a hit that she now requests it ALL the time!  I got to be the punch-mom for this event.

2010-10-01 12.45.02 2010-10-01 12.45.07

 

I may be biased, but I think my parents were the cutest grand-parents there!

2010-10-01 12.56.02 2010-10-01 12.56.13 2010-10-01 12.56.26

2 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Ms. Stone would hate to have one of my students in her class...I'd make her change her chalk board ASAP!
She sounds like a wonderful teacher!

britt said...

She is the kind of teacher that is few and far between. I think we would all LIKE to be that kind of teacher, but most teachers have a life outside of the classroom! Your girls are lucky to have such a gem!! And good for you to be so involved. I help in Ame and Kaipo's classes, and Ame 2nd teacher sent stuff home one week and I had to draw the line, especially now that I have started school! I am all for helping but there is only so much I can do!