Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jordyn's Pre-Baptism Date with Grandma

Jordyn has a special afternoon at my mom's today after church. Just Grandma, Grandpa and Jordyn! What more could a girl want? This post was actually written - and pics taken- by my mom.

(scripture totes....all made by my mom!!)

**************************












Choices.....





NUMBER ONE!!!!



















Next in line...












"One with lace kind of like Lexi's but not exactly."
As per her request.







Look mom!








































This is the "new look" for the girls after swim garb!!!! Boys T-shirts and boys boxers. The frills are gone and the more mature look is here!





Baptism Memory Binder (made by Grandma)













Looking at grandpa eating Cheese-its.













Reading her short talk book. She said "the talk aren't short, they are long!"














Showing the "silver" part of her scriptures.













Name imprinted on the front in silver.














Easter dress perfection.





































Today Jordyn got to come over after church for her pre-baptism celebration.

This of course is a new tradition that I hope to remember and continue with the other grand kids.

She received her new scriptures.
She selected her scripture tote.
She received a special "Short-Talks" book.
She received her Baptism Binder.

She scaled down her scripture totes to only 3! She had to choose from 20!

We did an elimination process where she would choose ones stay "in" and others to go "out". It really helped her to make the process of choosing much easier. At first she just couldn't choose any. Then I persuaded her to "have to" pick 1 between 2 of the displayed and so on. It was a fun experience to watch her make choices with so many choices!


LOOK... Easter outfit PERFECTION! I am sooooo excited."

(Love, Grandma)

1 comment:

britt said...

I want one of those scriture totes for me AND Ame. Are they for sale???
I am sure if I was ambitious enough I could make one, but it probably wouldn't turn out that cute!