Wednesday, June 13, 2012

End of the School Year!

I’m sure every parent feels this way, but it really felt shocking when this school year ended.  I can’t believe the girls have successfully completed another grade level!  Next year, we will be in 5th, 3rd and Kindergarten!  From 8:00-1:45, everyone will be in school (that’s when Pey will get out, then Lexi at 2:15 and Jordyn at 3:05).

 

Bringing the school year to a close always feels like such a whirlwind of activities, events, celebrations…and finding a way to appropriately say Thanks to the great teachers.  I tried to remember to snap photos of a few things I wanted to remember…

 

First of all, Lexi successfully completed her goal of having perfect attendance.  I can’t believe it!  It really took a lot of determination on her part.  Even to the point where she did not want to go on a family vacation so she would not have to miss school!  She was one of only 30 kids (of 500) who reached this goal.  A very determined girl, that Lexi!

IMG_3014

 

 

Peyton’s kindergarten scores are at the high end…which doesn’t surprise me since she is an October birthday and will be almost 6 starting Kinder.  She’s going to be in a semi-accelerated Kinder class next year.  I found this particular assessment funny (below, under social development)…the ONLY two areas Pey was not given a score of Proficient are “relates well to adults” and “expresses feelings appropriately”.  I got a kick out of those because anyone who really knows her knows that is not even close to true!  But…maybe that’s the case in the classroom?

IMG_3017

IMG_3018

 

I volunteered to help at the 4th graders end of the year festival.  I was one of the moms at the facepainting booth.  I didn’t take lots of pics, but it was 3 hours of facepainting in the HEAT.  Whew, I was about to pass out!!  But it was fun to spend time at Jordyn’s school since I’ve not had as much opportunity this year as in years’ past.

IMG_3020    IMG_3021

Peyton thought it was really fun to hang with the older kids during the festival (Abigail, Peyton, Jordyn and Lillie)

IMG_3022 

 

Jordyn’s teacher, Mrs. Jimenez, went down the big water slide fully clothed!  Kids loved that!

IMG_3025 IMG_3026 IMG_3027 IMG_3028

 

Then, I was able to go help do root beer floats in Lexi’s class.  For Lexi’s birthday, back in November, we never ended up celebrating it during class because it was during Thanksgiving vacation.  So she never got her special “Happy Birthday” song and dance from Mrs Stone.  So we celebrated Lexi’s “half-birthday” and she got her special song before 2nd grade was through.  Mrs. Stone texted me a million times over the last weeks (and since school has been out) telling me she can’t imagine next year without Lexi!  She will miss her so much…and vice versa.

IMG_3030 IMG_3031

 

I just did giftcards for most teachers (except I gave Mrs. Jimenez a “summer kick off bag”, and Mrs. Stone a little picture block as well), so I put them with a bottle of rootbeer with these cute tags.

IMG_3038

 

(The picture block for Mrs. Stone…)

IMG_3052

 

Letters from the girls….

IMG_3042

 

 

IMG_3043

IMG_3044

 

This may be too hard to read, but Jordyn had to write a letter to a student coming into 4th grade next year.  She wrote a very detailed, long letter and I thought it was very well written!  Jordyn says she loves Math the most, but she is also a great writer!

IMG_3045  

IMG_3048

No comments: