Wednesday, May 16, 2012

On Turning 35…

I didn’t mind turning 30…too much.

But I hated turning 31.  I hated turning 32 also.

But something has grown on me lately, and I actually feel content with turning 35.  Almost like once I accepted it, I could see the good.  I’ve come to realize that I LIKE being 35 because of how I’ve learned to see the world and see myself.  I still feel like I have a LONG way to grow, but I’ve realized that wouldn’t actually want to go back ten years, even if I could.

On my birthday, I decided to have Tucker do something I normally don’t do – take pictures of me by myself.  I figured that when my girls are 35, they may want to see how  I looked and felt??  Here’s what he got…

DSC_0384 DSC_0385 DSC_0387 copy DSC_0396 DSC_0407

 

It was a very simple, low key birthday.  But filled with little sweet things along the way.  The main thing was my spa day a week prior.  I got to spend a relaxing day at a spa in San Fran with Shana.  It’s sort of our every-few-years tradition now.  It was so needed and SO relaxing.  We got massages, went in the hot tub, and ate a yummy lunch at Zero Zero in the city.

Shana Jamie Spa Shana Jamie Spa2

 

I asked Tucker to have the kids help him with dinner and a cake.  I did my best to stay out of the way and let them do it.  I had 8,000 questions and complaints while trying to stay back in my bedroom…but the end result was great and very yummy.

DSC_0421 

 

I did not intend to make any kind of big deal about it, but when I mentioned to my mom at church what we were doing that evening, she said “I’ll be there for cake!”.  So she and my dad came by for a while, which was very nice.

DSC_0422 

 

That really is 35 candles!  Peyton’s face…ha ha!

DSC_0427 

 

Kids got Grandpa to play with them, as usual.  Sometimes I have to say “Girls, this is MY mom and dad…it’s MY turn to talk now!”.

DSC_0432 

 

Then my mom wanted us to come in so she could give me my present.  I was so blown away when she pulled out FIVE poster boards full of a candy-grams!  SOOOO creative and definitely the most amazing and LONG I’ve ever received.  Seriously, it brought tears to my eyes. 

DSC_0435 DSC_0436 DSC_0437 DSC_0438 DSC_0439 DSC_0441 

 

LOL at these pics :-)

DSC_0449 DSC_0450 DSC_0456

 

Part of the yummy dinner they made me.

IMG_2690

 IMG_2692

 

Julia brought me flowers from her garden

IMG_2695

 

I opened the front door early in the morning and Lindy had left me these beautiful purple flowers

IMG_2696

 

Along with a bowl of goodies.  I was SO thrilled to get this pear lotion from Victoria’s Secret.  It was my scent back in college and I LOVED it.  I haven’t had it for maybe 11 years?  So it was so fun to get that – I love when ppl remember little things you like!  Thanks Lindy!

IMG_2697

 

Months ago, my friend Megan brought me some cookies…I think it was Christmas time.  They were the best sugar cookies I’ve ever had…and that’s saying a lot since i LOVE my own.  I told her that for my birthday I wanted a plate of those cookies!  So…she was so kind and brought me over a big plate of them. I ate 80% too.

IMG_2698

 

A few days later, I was able to squeeze in a little dinner and movie with Julia and Danielle.  They are very sweet to me and over the three years of our friendship (Trinkets) I’ve grown to love and appreciate them.

IMG_2721

 

I love this picture from Lexi – and she was SO proud of it.  Zebras are her thing for sure!  Love you Lex!

IMG_2724

My Dad wrote the sweetest and funniest card to me…but what made me laugh is how he addressed it…with a childhood address :-)

IMG_2725

 

A Birthday cake drawing from Pey.  Love you Pey!

IMG_2726

 

And one of a few cards from Jordyn.  Love you Jo!

IMG_2728

 

Finally, a wonderful package from Jeannine.  This is both Mother’s Day and birthday, but it was PERFECT!!!  I love this foundation/powder SO much and was thrilled to open it!!

IMG_1221

 

And you have to admit, getting 80 birthday wishes on Facebook is pretty fun too.  Text, calls and messages.  I appreciate them all very much.  I love my family and friends!

3 comments:

Beth said...

love reading about your birthday. Good idea to take pictures of just you. so beautiful. Your kids will love that in the future.

Diane and Allan said...

Happy Birthday Jamie..looks like you had a loving celebration. 35 is a good place in life!! Cherish the moments.

Eliza2006 said...

I loved this post...it makes me want to resurrect my blog. Your kids will love reading this and seeing the pics someday!