Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School!

I have tried to make a “Back to School Dinner” a tradition for the girls.  So this year, I asked their preferred menu and here were their main requests “mashed potatoes, steak, ice cream and brownies”.  Sounded good to me!

But when the day came to buy and cook…I just couldn’t make it happen.  Tucker had been out of town and was going to pull in right at 5:30.  Knowing that we wanted to do dinner, blessings and early bed… I made the decision that our back to school dinner this year would be at Cattlemen’s (a steakhouse).  Cost us twice as much, but no prep or cleanup sounded worth it at that moment!  And it was :-)

 

So at dinner we talked about a “theme” and I introduced the girls to “BTF”.  BTF means Be That Friend.  Be THAT friend you would like to have.  Be THAT friend to others who makes them feel loved and accepted and not judged. 

 

Then we came home and had brownie sundaes!  And sadly, I didn’t take a picture at dinner….and this is the only pic at home that turned out:

_DSC0731 

 

 

The next morning, we were up early and ready to go!  Quite the abrupt end to our summer vacation, but they were all excited.

Jordyn: 4th grade Mrs. Jimenez

Lexi:  2nd grade (round two) Mrs. Stone

Peyton: delayed Kinder since she has an Oct bday, and she is in Preschool!

_DSC0733 _DSC0738 _DSC0745 _DSC0746 _DSC0752 _DSC0754 _DSC0761 _DSC0764

 

_DSC0766  _DSC0551

 

Peyton was unexpectedly hit with nerves!  She was crying and said she felt sick.  But I knew she would be fine once we left…and I was right.  She RAN up to me after preschool and said “Mom, can I come back again tomorrow??”.  She is going MWF.  Her teachers are Mrs. Lee, Mrs. Booey and the director is Mrs. Weber.

_DSC0769_DSC0772 _DSC0775 _DSC0778

2 comments:

britt said...

LOVE the pics of the girls on their first day. And YOUR back to school dinner sounds soo much easier than mine. I would have traded it if it wasn't Sunday.
And Jamie as mindless as I have been lately, I can't even remember if I told you thank you for the amazing vinyl you sent me. Everday when I walk into my classroom I get to see it. And I LOVE IT!!! much Mahalo :)

K Western said...

Your girls all look so cute!