Sunday, June 12, 2011

Peyton the Firecracker

_DSC2209 Oooooh Peyton.  She is quite the fiery kid.  Too sassy for her own good.  I am SO glad she has her thumb, or I’m afraid she’d never shut down.  Lately, she is so obsessed with her best friend/neighbor Ava, that she will play with her no matter what I say.  Which means she will open the backyard gate and go over there, even if I have told her no.  This makes me crazy.  And nervous!

 

I have also had to chase her down the street more times than I’d like to count because she will NOT come in when it’s time to.  She will laugh and run fast away from me.  And no matter how mad I am, it is so hard not to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation.  And catching her is so hard because her strength far outweighs my arthritic limbs.

 

Her primary teacher even came up to me today and had to “have a talk” with me about Peyton’s behavior in class and how she was treating the other kids!  What?  I’ve never dealt with this before!  Her other “best friend” Kayla is in her class and if anyone else tried to go near them, she wasn’t shy to tell them to go away…even after her teacher talked to her!

 

She really is just a little fireball.  But luckily she is also very kind and observant, so I’m not all THAT worried about this phase.  Just a little drained sometimes!

2 comments:

K Western said...

Peyton sounds so adorable!! And so much like Haylie!! Haylie acts like she owns this neighborhood and can go to whatever house she wants to. I pray I can hang in there as her mother.

Paula H said...

Gee, that sounds like my Nora. The years ahead will be fun Jamie :)